treat low platelets in hepatitis c

i have undergone treatment for hepatitis c for two weeks but stopped due to low platelets. after a year i am still at count 38, sgot 83 sgpt 122, gamma gt 114. i would like to know what treatments are available for me now.

There is a drug called eltrombopag which is a platelet growth factor. However, it is only approved for use in cancer patients. Its safety has not been established in patients with cirrhosis.

I think I would wait to see if you could be considered for treatment with the new HCV drugs that will hopefully be coming later this year. What I would wonder is if triple therapy might work for you (PEG, ribavirin and a new protease inhibitor for HCV)....What I am thinking is that maybe a lower dose of PEG with the other two drugs might still get you down to no detectable HCV viremia. However, you need to discuss this with your doctor further who knows all your information better than me.

risk level
puzzling hep B result for myinfant