Mar 20, 2011
I french kissed a woman while traveling abroad in a country where the level of Hep B is higher. That was the extent of our contact. Should I be concerned?
Response from Dr. McGovern
No I would not be concerned and would not seek testing.
In general, if you are interested in getting hepatitis B vaccine, I would discuss this with your provider. Hepatitis B vaccine is protective against acquiring HBV from a person through unprotected sexual encounters.
Untreated water used to flush eyes
treat low platelets in hepatitis c
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis And Weight Loss
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.