Hep C/HIV

I work at a dental office (that sees patients that are considered high risk)and use a statim to sterilize our handpieces, mirrors and such. When we load the with the dirty instruments, we are gloved up and the handle to the statim is touched. When the sterilization cycle is complete we remove the statim (holding the handle) with no gloves. Typically I wash my hands afterwards, but this one day in particular I didnt. I went right home and ate a sandwich. Is there any chance in my bare hands picking up the hep c virus and transferring it to my sandwich which I ate? Should I be concerned? Thank you so much for your help!

No I would not be concerned about acquiring HCV this way. If by any chance there was some environmental contamination of your sandwich, you would still not get HCV through eating food. HCV is transmitted mainly through blood to blood exposure.

Please give reply as early as possible
how do u aquire Hep-C