|Please give reply as early as possible
Mar 17, 2011
I have hbv, when my wife tested as hbsag negative. my children ( aged about 8 and 9 ) tested they also hbsag non-reactive, SGPT Alt 17, SGOT Ast -24 but alkaline phosphate evalutated 156 ( cut Cuts and puncture wounds of value 50-126). Are they infictious with hbv?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It seems that all looks well as long as the HBsAg is negative. The elevated alkaline phosphatase is not something we usually see with chronic viral hepatitis. This will be followed up with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.