Mar 7, 2011
my bf and i just found out that his friend who he used to share a spoon with him when used h has hep c what is the chances he has it and what r the chances i have it as we have had un protected sex and he has blown inside me he said they never shared needles but they have used the same spoon im scared i have attracted it
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your boyfriend should definitely get test for HCV since HCV can be transmitted through the shared use of cotton or cookers. I have seen many people who thought they were very careful and avoided the use of all needles, yet they didn't avoid sharing other things -like cotton and cookers - and they got HCV.
He should also be tested for HBV and HAV to see if he needs vaccination.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.