Mar 7, 2011
how likely is it to get heptitis c from a infected razor if you cut yourself with it?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are no data on the risk of getting HCV from a razor. It is theoretically possible (eg, blood to blood exposure)....and that is why sharing of razors is not advised. However, the degree of risk is just not known.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Sore Throat Aches Pains Fatigue Fever Chills Hiv Symptoms?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Cut Under Nail And Fingering Hiv
- Will A Pap Smear Come Back Abnormal If You Have Hpv?
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.