Feb 26, 2011
Can I take creatine and protein if I have HIV and HEP C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would definitely discuss any over the counter drugs or supplements with your HIV provider to be certain that whatever you are taking is safe. I would bring the bottles themselves in so your provider can see ALL ingredients in the tablets.
I know one well done study in 2009 showed that muscle training benefited HIV infected patients but creatine added no extra benefit - only cost.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Symptoms To Start?
- Why Do I Get Yeast Infections And Thrush Of The Mouth?
- Hiv Seroconversion After 6 Weeks
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Gonorrhea?
- What Does It Mean To Be Exposed To Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.