|Am I immune?
Feb 24, 2011
Hi, I recently had a sexual experience with an infected person. However, 2 months prior I had my antibodies checked due to working in healthcare. My results were Hepatitis A Antibody IGM Negative and Hepatitis B Surface AB Hepatitis B Surface AB Negative. Could I possibly contract Hepatitis from this person or am I immune?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I am assuming you are asking about getting hepatitis B infection from sex. If your surface antibody is negative, you are not protected. You will want to discuss this further with your doctor. You need to be immunized for protection against future exposures.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And AIDS
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.