Button Pin Prick Accident

Hello , how are you? Can you help me please ? I bought a button pin at my school from a young adult. I think he pricked hiself with the pin as he was removing it from the display cloth it was attached to. I held on to it for a few seconds before I went into class and put the pin in the bottom of my school bag. It was on thursday morning.The pin remained in my bag for a long period of time. The next day if my memory is correct , I took the pin and placed it in a shut DVD case and left it in there(the pin was in a closed DVD Case in my school bag)over night(friday night)The following saturday I took the pin out to attach it to my hat,but i accidently pricked myself. *I did not notice any bleeding when it happened.* I immediately applied rubbing alcohol on my fingers within 10-15 secs , but in my panic i dont know if i did it well enough. I followed up by washing my hands with soap. I did not notice any pain either, but I know i felt it prick my finger. I would like to know if I am at any risk of contracting HIV or HEP C . Thank you so much for your time.I hope I have given you enough information. Let me know if I should get tested or not. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.

There are a lot of uncertainties here....you are uncertain if he pricked himself, you doubt you drew blood when you pricked yourself, you don't know if he was infected with any blood-borne disease....etc...

I doubt you have anything to worry about. If you are "going crazy" as you suggest, then testing would certainly reassure you. I don't consider you at risk however.

aids
HBsAg test result interpretation