Feb 20, 2011
On 17.09.10 RNA was 6091 My latest bloods 08.02.11 are: RNA 557. Liver Enzymes GTT 290. AST 76. ALT 204. I've been referred to a Hepatologist & awaiting an appointment date for re treatment(hopefully). I've been told that my RNA is very low yet my Liver function tests are elevated. Is this bad?
Response from Dr. McGovern
In assuming you are talking about HCV...You low RNA could be a sign of acute HCV infection, especially in light of the high ALT.
I would get more HCV RNA testing to see if you clear this on your own...which occurs in many people with new HCV infection.
HCV type 1 - new medicine
not sure what to do at this point
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge In Women Look Like?
- What Color Is The Discharge From Gonorrhea?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.