hep c

i went for a normal blood test and the doctor called me in to tell me that Hepatitis C showed up in my blood work.. now my doctor knowing what type of person i am and knowing that i have never done drugs in my life i am only 20 years old; i had one sex partner, never had surgery and never gave blood... he re-tested me... now the secound time he says it came up both negative and postive what does this mean????? i have a follow up in march and i am scared where and why could i have this?

Since you do not have risk factors I suspect this is a false positive antibody test.

I would request either a RIBA: which is more specific test....or a HCV RNA to test for virus.

Personally, I would want a RIBA to prove I never had HCV in the past.

HCV infection after soaking fresh cut finger in HCV positive blood.
Hepitatis B and TB