Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Treatment of Hepatitics.
Feb 20, 2011

Dear Madam, I am kazi from India. I have Hepatitis B +ve. It was found that while our meidcal test. I have started Medical treatment from Appollo hospital. After one I did medical test - I got good result like HBV viral load TAQ Man *<20 IU/ML (Privious 1200 IU/ML) Hepatitic B core antibody L o.o10 Reactive (Privious 0.006) Hepatitic B surface antigen Detected it might have very low value ( Privious H 4810) & LFT -Normal. I am taking 0.5 mg barclude tablet daily basis. Madam I would like to how to increase Hepatitic B core antibody value. Can you able any medicine name or any Dr. name & address for proper treatment. I think in our location no special Dr. available for this tratment. Can you suggest any treatment for this problem? My email ID is minan.kazi@acclimited.com Thanking you,

yours faithfully, Kazi Minan, ACC LTD, Jamul Cement Works, Post office -Jamul,Dist-Durg, Chhattisgrah-429024

Response from Dr. McGovern

Dear Kazi: Your treatment is going great. The most important value is to follow your HBV DNA. Since it is so low, I suspect you will reach viral suppression soon.

I would do the following: 1. Check you liver function tests (ALT and AST) about every 3 months. 2. Check you HBV DNA is about 3 months. I suspect you will be suppressed by then. 3. The only other blood test you need is HBe antigen. If your e antigen is positive, then I would follow this about every 3 to 6 months to see if you lose it. If you become eAg negative and e antibody positive, I would treat for another 12 months after seroconversion. 4. If you e antigen is negative, I would continue longterm therapy for HBV to keep your virus suppressed.

Best of luck...You are an excellent treatment candidate.

Previous
how long does it take to start ARVs
Next
help me

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.