CV Genotype 3B- in continuation to my q on 26- Nov-10

26.Nov.10 Old Query: I have been diagnosed incidentally for HEP C genotype 3b and my viral load is 407302 copies/ mL in the PCR Test (gene amplification technique (ROCHE Cobas- Amplicor HCV version 2.0.)) Is this a high load. Currently being treated with Ribavarin(600mg twice a day) and Pegasys (once a week).

7.Feb.11 Old Query: Touch Wood, as advised by you regarding my mail dated 26. Nov. 2010, my 4th week PCR was <15UL/ ml but said positive. (1) What does this mean? I am very confused and very anxious to receive your valuable advice in this regard.

12-Feb-2011 New Query: Many Thanks for your most valuable clarifications. Further to your query regarding the dosage, I remember my Doc telling me that he is prescribing a BMI based dosage. Regarding the side effects I am having occational itching as the side effect, along with dipression, and short temper. Regarding the dosage my I remember my doctor telling me that he is giving it based on my BMI. As far as the duration is concerened, he as advised me 6 months, as mentioned by you & would confirm the same on seeing the successive good progression of the treatment. Does male sperm carry HCV virus? please adise. Thanks in advance for your valuable advise.

Yes HCV can be isolated in male genital secretions; however, HCV is not found in the sperm cells themselves but in the fluids around the cells.

hepa b inactive carrier......
Vacine for Hep A and Hep B