Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CV Genotype 3B- in continuation to my q on 26- Nov-10
Feb 12, 2011

26.Nov.10 Old Query: I have been diagnosed incidentally for HEP C genotype 3b and my viral load is 407302 copies/ mL in the PCR Test (gene amplification technique (ROCHE Cobas- Amplicor HCV version 2.0.)) Is this a high load. Currently being treated with Ribavarin(600mg twice a day) and Pegasys (once a week).

7.Feb.11 Old Query: Touch Wood, as advised by you regarding my mail dated 26. Nov. 2010, my 4th week PCR was <15UL/ ml but said positive. (1) What does this mean? I am very confused and very anxious to receive your valuable advice in this regard.

12-Feb-2011 New Query: Many Thanks for your most valuable clarifications. Further to your query regarding the dosage, I remember my Doc telling me that he is prescribing a BMI based dosage. Regarding the side effects I am having occational itching as the side effect, along with dipression, and short temper. Regarding the dosage my I remember my doctor telling me that he is giving it based on my BMI. As far as the duration is concerened, he as advised me 6 months, as mentioned by you & would confirm the same on seeing the successive good progression of the treatment. Does male sperm carry HCV virus? please adise. Thanks in advance for your valuable advise.

Response from Dr. McGovern

Yes HCV can be isolated in male genital secretions; however, HCV is not found in the sperm cells themselves but in the fluids around the cells.

Previous
hepa b inactive carrier......
Next
Vacine for Hep A and Hep B

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.