|Anti body test for hepatitis c positive once symptoms start
Feb 11, 2011
Hello, I was just wondering if it is true that once you start to have symptoms of hepatitis c, if you have an antibody test it will be positive if you have it?? Thanks!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
In acute hepatitis C, in the earliest stages, the virus can be present and antibodies may not have yet formed. So I would not rule out the possibility of acute HCV infection based on symptoms without an antibody response. I would check for a HCV RNA level.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.