|Anti body test for hepatitis c positive once symptoms start
Feb 11, 2011
Hello, I was just wondering if it is true that once you start to have symptoms of hepatitis c, if you have an antibody test it will be positive if you have it?? Thanks!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
In acute hepatitis C, in the earliest stages, the virus can be present and antibodies may not have yet formed. So I would not rule out the possibility of acute HCV infection based on symptoms without an antibody response. I would check for a HCV RNA level.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
- Dangers Of Vaginal Infections
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.