|Carrier of Hepatitis C
Feb 10, 2011
My x husband who I was married to for 19 years was diagnosed with chronic Hep C. I was tested in 1997 for Hep A/B, Hep C and HIV for Life Ins. came back negative. Tested again in 2009 and again Jan. of 2011, both negative. My boyfriend's doctor said I was exposed so I am a carrier even though my test came back negative. I am not infected and never had the virus, test results negative, how could I be a carrier and still get the virus ?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You are not a carrier...You are negative.
Sexual transmission of HCV is very uncommon among monogamous couples. You are living proof.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.