Carrier of Hepatitis C

My x husband who I was married to for 19 years was diagnosed with chronic Hep C. I was tested in 1997 for Hep A/B, Hep C and HIV for Life Ins. came back negative. Tested again in 2009 and again Jan. of 2011, both negative. My boyfriend's doctor said I was exposed so I am a carrier even though my test came back negative. I am not infected and never had the virus, test results negative, how could I be a carrier and still get the virus ?

You are not a carrier...You are negative.

Sexual transmission of HCV is very uncommon among monogamous couples. You are living proof.

Hepatitis Issues and post-PEP testing
Anti body test for hepatitis c positive once symptoms start