Feb 10, 2011
My son is entering the medical field and needs to have a blood test to be certain he has the surface antibodies for Hepatitis B as a result of prior vaccinations. What is the specific wording needed to make sure the lab knows what test to perform?
Response from Dr. McGovern
He needs a "hepatitis B surface antibody"....eg, anti-HBs
hep c infection
Hepatitis Issues and post-PEP testing
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Symptoms Of Shingles In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.