Hepatitus c and false positive.

I donated blood and received a letter saying positive for hep c(anti-hcv). They performed the riba test-result indeterminate.Then performed hcv nat test which was negative. I take tramadol hcl up to 400mg daily and occasionaly take salsalate 500mg. Please explain.

Like every test, sometimes you get a false positive. Since you are at low risk and only got a HCV test because of a blood donation, your test results in the aggregate strongly suggest a false positive.

Thank you for taking the time to be a blood donor. We need more people like you!!!!

It's back
Chances of curing acute Hepatitis C