Hepatitus c and false positive.
Feb 4, 2011
I donated blood and received a letter saying positive for hep c(anti-hcv). They performed the riba test-result indeterminate.Then performed hcv nat test which was negative. I take tramadol hcl up to 400mg daily and occasionaly take salsalate 500mg. Please explain.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Like every test, sometimes you get a false positive. Since you are at low risk and only got a HCV test because of a blood donation, your test results in the aggregate strongly suggest a false positive.
Thank you for taking the time to be a blood donor. We need more people like you!!!!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles Could I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.