The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hepatitis B
Feb 4, 2011

HI, My husband is infected with Hep-B virus and we came to know this 2 yrs back, when we were planning for kids. After knowing this, he has become very depressed as he didn't faced any health problems before. We both are software professionals and due to work pressure he couldn't able 2 have the proper diet and sleep as well. My question is what is the chance of becoming negative? Will it take years or virus will be im his body for life long? I have antibodies and I'm not infected with this. We went to the doctor in our place and doctor told that has a very high load of virus. Due to that we still got much scared and couln't able 2 concentrate on carrer as well. Could you please let us know wat needs to be done inorder to get rid of this virus and to become negative. He doesn't have any habits like smoking or drinking. Please let us know the diet plan so that we can continue having that in our regular lifestyle.

Response from Dr. McGovern

Your husband can do very well if he goes on HBV medications, like tenofovir or entecavir, for example. With daily adherence to his medications, he should do well. He will need a doctor who is familiar with HBV treatments as well. He should also have ultrasound monitoring about every 6 to 12 months to look at his liver.

You should be vaccinated against HBV although it sounds like you are protected...

Best wishes for his health. He will do well.

negative test after 17 months conclusive
viral load hep c genotype 1

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint