Confused about "borderline" hep C result.

I recently had a Hep C test done for the purposes of immigration and the result came back as "borderline". I am very low risk (I am a Mental Health Nurse but am a senior manager and have little/no patient contact), have had the same partner for 9 years and have never been an IV drug user. I live a healthy life and have not felt ill or at all compromised. I had a Hep C test at work four years ago and it was negative.

Two days before I had the blood test I had stomach flu and was still way off feeling 100% on the day I was tested. Could this affect the results?

I have been for a repeat test today and also my original bloods have gone for more testing. The doctor at the clinic told me not to worry, and that she has often seen this and that all the "borderline" results that she has dealt with have all come back negative following the further testing.

I have also been to my own GP for a test there, but I will be waiting for a few weeks for results and am extremely worried and pre-occupied in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

I would not worry.

They are probably doing a confirmatory test...A RIBA is a very specific test that will demonstrate that your first test was a false positive. I suspect that this is what they are doing.

Acute Hepatitis B infection cleared - risk of reactivation?
when should I start the treatment?