Is Hepatitis C considered an STD?

The title explains my question. I have Hep c.

Another thing that I have a great difficulty with is telling my new partner about it. I lasted 2 years with my last partner and did not do it with anyone else. I hope that considered non multiple partner so because I am trying to be very careful not to infect someone. However, to be blunt, the other day she gave me oral sex; she asked me if I was clean and I said yes. I feel sad and depressed because Im not sure if I was honest. I do not believe Hep C is an STD. Please give me some advise and reassurance on how I can have a normal sexual life while protecting myself and my new partner. Do I tell her? God, I find it difficult.

I can hear through your words that this is a very difficult issue for you.

HCV is considered a sexually transmitted disease since it can be transmitted through sex. However, it is not as easily transmitted through sex as HBV or HIV. But it can occur, particularly when there is sex with trauma, (eg, rectal intercourse with tearing). It can occur among heterosexual couples and among men who have sex with men.

I don't know of any data to suggest that HCV should be transmitted through oral sex.

You can use condoms to protect your partner from HCV acquisition. Once you are more comfortable in your relationship you can discuss the risk of HCV, which is about 1 to 2 % among monogamous couples. Some couples decide not to use condoms; others decide to use them 100% of the time. It all depends on the individuals involved. It is a personal decision.

Until then, use of condoms is the best way to go until you can have some more open discussion.

Best wishes to you for a Happy New Year.

Hepatitis ans HIV
Hep C from haemodialysis?