Poked doing laundry

I am a frontline volunteer at a homeless shelter where there are active addicts as residents for a month. We as volunteers do laundry every morning after waking people up to move on as we are a small shelter that allows others in for coffee and such also. One day after waking up everyone that needed to be I was doing laundry as usual. Stripped the beds put linen in a hamper and took to laundryroom. While loading the washing machine I got poked with a needle. I'm not sure if it was clean or dirty tho. It did draw blood and I went to hospital the next day. Received a shot and also got some medication prescribed. We know for a fact that there is a few with aids, hiv, and hep C in house at this time. My question is what is the likelyhood I have contracted anything?

The whole issue is whether the needle was dirty or not. Since you don't know, you should have serial testing for HCV infection and HIV infection. Even if it was a dirty needle, your greatest risk is for HCV infection. In the worst possible scenario, if you got acute HCV infection, you would have a very high chance of cure with rapid treatment.

I suspect they gave you an immunization for tetanus and hepatitis B. You will want to know that for sure so you should call and get an immunization record.

HCV now while working at store...
Hepatitis ans HIV