BODY WEIGHT

HELLO DOC, I AM ON FIRST LINE OF MEDICINE AS PER INDIAN GOVERMENT HOSPITAL THAT IS ZIDOVUDINE 300mG + LAMIVUDINE 150mg + NEVIRAPINE 200mg. MY CD4 COUNT AS ON JULY IS 450 BEFORE 6 MONTHS (FEBRUARY) IT WAS 517. IS THIS CHANGE IS NORMAL OR HAVE TO BE TAKEN IN NOTICE AND NEEDS CARE. SECOUNDLY I WANT TO KNOW THAT I AM TENSE ABOUT MY WEIGHT THAT IS I AM LOOSING WEIGHT OVER A PERIOD OF 1 AND HALF YEAR. PREVIOUSLY I WAS WEIGHING 80kgs SAY AROUND IN October 2008 NOW CURRENTLY I AM WEIGHING 72 OR 73 kgs. IS THIS CHANGES ARE DUE TO MY MEDICINE OR THE RESULT IS DUE TO OTHER FACTORS. IS THIS CHANGE IS NORMAL OR MATTER OF CONCERN.

Please direct all purely HIV questions to the HIV forum. I answer questions related to coinfection.

Your CD4 cell count decline is surprising and your weight loss does concern me. No I would not expect this from the medications, unless you are having other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and abdominal bloating. Then I would be somewhat concerned about your ZDV and would check a lactate level. Otherwise your weight loss may be related to some non-HIV related issue. I would see your doctor to discuss throughly. Your T cells are so high I am not worried about an HIV related issue.

More evaluation is needed.

HCV help
Hello DR