|Hep B Vaccine not working
Dec 22, 2010
I've taken the Hepatitis B vaccine at least three times now. Once involved me coming in once a week for a shot that left a bubble of fluid under the skin that slowly drained. We just did another test for antibodies and we didn't find any again. The vaccine just doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It sounds like you had a dermal injection of HBV.
I would recommend a double dose of Twinrix (hepatitis A and B vaccine combined) which was evaluated in a study published in Journal of Infectious Diseases. This was very effective in nonresponders.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Topping With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.