Missed Dose of Atripla

I have been on Atripla since June 2008. When I was first put on Atripla, I was already very sick, with a CD4 count of 38, and a Viral Load of 87,000. Fortunately now (last labs Sept. 2010) my CD4 is up to 350 with an Undetectable Viral Load around 20.

This morning I went to take my dose, and noticed in my pill box that I did not take my pill yesterday morning. I have never missed a dose in 2+ years, and now im really freaked out! How bad will missing that dose be? I know that I should not double dose, so what is the possibilities that missing that dose will completely mess up the 2+ years of progress? Will missing that one dose create Drug Resistance? Today is Dec. 5th, my next doctors appointment isn't until early January for labs.

Thank You for your help!

Doug

Please direct your HIV specific questions to the HIV forum.

However, I want to reassure you that missing one dose of Atripla after such excellent adherence will have no effect.

Congratulations on your excellent progress and keep up the good work.

Scared
Smoking a Cig with someone who has hepatitis B or C