Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

low cd4 count and high viral load
Nov 27, 2010

Hello,

My wife has TB and HIV. On recent test she has 212 cd4 count and 305000 viral load. She has allergy with rcin and isokinizad. Can you please advice what should do for her. how would she increase her cd4 count and decrease viral load. Is it the last stage when we can say AIDS. Please advice. How long she will live. Is there any chance that she can live normal for long period.

If possible please advice on diet.

Thanks,

Response from Dr. McGovern

In general, I would refer your HIV questions to the HIV forum.

However, I would like to comment that yes, her HIV disease is advanced, but she can do extremely well if she can get on HIV medications as soon as possible. This will be delayed until her doctors can find a safe combination of TB medications for her to take. Once that is established, her doctors will advise on the best HIV medicines for her about two weeks later.

In my experience, just treating TB can make the T cells improve, since TB suppresses the immune system. As long as she is under care and is taking her medicines, there is hope.

Previous
Can you transmit Hep C whilst "undetectable"?
Next
HCV & HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.