hep c window period

hi there, I took a anti-HCV (EIA test) test and am wondering what the window period is. The doctor says 6 months, but am having a hard time believing this and am not able to go through all the stress of taking another one of these tests. Most of the sites say about 3 months..my hope is that it will only take up to 6 months under very extreme conditions (eg. people infected with hiv, cancer etc). Would you be so kind to clarify this ? Thanks so much for your time

Yes the vast majority of people know by three months...

There is a small percentage of people who convert after this time. To be conservative, testing is recommended out to six months. However, once you are past 3 months, most likely you will be negative. I would continue with testing to be conservative. However, I would assume that your chance of remaining negative is extraordinarily high and would get this entire thing out of your mind.

Hope this is helpful.

hep c transmission
Can you transmit Hep C whilst "undetectable"?