hep c transmission

Hello and thanks for your help. I have heard that it only takes a microscopic amount of hep c infected blood to be transmitted to another person. Could you please tell me how this translates in daily life ? For example, is this only the case through needles, if blood is dry and outside body does this apply, once outside the body how long can it be transmitted and how ? Thanks so much for your help. Getting confused.

There are data suggesting that HCV can live for a long time on environmental surfaces...However, it has not been shown that this is a way to get infected - this distinction is important.

1.8% of people in the US are infected with HCV. I don't think environmental surfaces are probably an important issue since I would expect many more infections if this was the case. and most people with HCV has the usual risk factors for infection....

Pls help .. PLEASE HELP ..need your thoughts..im scared!!
hep c window period