HIV to AIDS immune system
Nov 26, 2010
Hello Dr. McGovern, can you tell me what changes occur in the immune system when an HIV patient becomes an AIDS patient?
Response from Dr. McGovern
This is usually marked by a CD4 count less than 200 cells or the onset of a particular type of illness that suggests a weakened immune system.
Please refer your HIV questions to the HIV forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- Does Antihistamine Help Atrophic Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.