Nov 26, 2010
I have heard that ingestion does not cause transmission , but if one has ulcer ,is it a risk ? can ingestion of blood ( small drop of blood) , through sandwiches or fruit salads , cause infection ?
I am worried every time ,when I eat uncooked foods outside
Response from Dr. McGovern
No this is no risk at all. You can't get HCV through food.
Hepatitis A is transmitted by contaminated food or water. The thing that can increase your risk of getting foodborne illnesses is taking acid neutralizers for heartburn since stomach acid is a natural protection.
Hepatitis C window period
HIV/Chronic Hep C - Co-infected
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.