|Hepatitis C window period
Nov 26, 2010
Hi, please could you tell me the correct window period for Hepatitis C, I have received conflicting answers from different people and different websites of how long it would normally take for antibodies to show up in a blood test? Some say 6-12 weeks, some 3 months others 6 months to a year and i'm finding it really confusing. Thank you for your help
Response from Dr. McGovern
The reason it is confusing is that the majority of people do develop antibodies by 12 weeks...However, there is a small minority of people that develop antibodies between 12 and 24 weeks. Rarely, does a patient develop antibodies any later than that.
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- What Stds Causes Penis Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.