|inquiry about blood test
Nov 26, 2010
my husband 62 years old had a blood and showed Hep A IgG antibodies as positive,he has been drinking for a while,could you please tell me if it meand something bad for him? Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
This just means he had this infection in the past. Hep A does not cause chronic infection so there is no worry there.
I am concerned about the drinking however. That is clearly toxic for his liver and can cause cirrhosis if long term and excessive - this includes wine beer or hard liquor in excess (eg 5 or more drinks a day).
You may want to discuss this with him.
9 months test negative
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- 90 Day Negative Elisa Hiv 1,2 Test
- Does HIV Symptoms Reappear 6 Months After Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.