|HBV DNA RESULT
Nov 20, 2010
HI doc..,this is my dna result: please help me to interpret it...Is my HBV VIRUS detectable?Is it really serious? Thank you !
HBV Viral Load
Method: RT-PCR (TAQMAN) Result: 9,405 copies/ml i.e: 4.0 log copies/ml i.e: 1,616 UI/ml
Interpretation: Method used has a theoretical limit of detection of 12 UI/ml of plasma i.e about 70 HBV-DNA copies (1.8 log). The linearity scale extends up to 110,000,000 UI/ml i.e. about 640 million copies (8.8 log). Quantification is homogenous for all HBV genotypes tested.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You have a low amount of detectable virus. This will need followup with other blood tests to know if you have chronic infection or not.
dormant hepatitis c.
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Do Herpes Looks Like On Your Lips?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.