|Is it safe to have child after my wife cured ( SVR )?
Nov 20, 2010
Dear Dr. McGovern, please give us information about this, my wife had a HEP C Virus, Genotype 1 and finished 72 treatment using Peg intron and Ribavirin, and the result is good, the HEP C Virus in her blood is still Undetectable after 1 year the treatment, we have planning to have a child if it possible, my question is : Can our baby infected after my wife cured ( SVR )? and is it safe to have sex with her without using condom? and is it safe to have oral sex? Thank You
Response from Dr. McGovern
Wow that is great news!!!!!!!!
She is cured of HCV. No more worries.............It won't come back...unless she got reinfected again.
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- I Have A Bump Under My Skin On My Vagina Is It A Std
- I Have Vaginal Irritation And Blisters
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.