hepatitis b

My daughter had the hepatitis b series 3 years ago before going to Brazil for a week missionary trip. She was married in May 2010 and is now 8 weeks pregnant. She had her blood work done at her obgyn office. They called her back and said she was either a carrier or had been exposed. She had new blood work done Thursday Nov 18th. We have to wait till next week which is worrying us so much. My question is if the vaccination worked and she was not exposed or a carrier before the vaccination; will it still show up as carrier/exposed? And would her baby still be in danger. I have read and been told by my nurse that you show up positive when you have had the vaccine. They didn't ask her if she had had the vaccine; just asked her if she had been exposed. Her marriage was her first intimate encounter and his too.I'm not sure if I should have said that but they are questioning the exposed question. Could this all be a mistake. Thank you...cmallison3@yahoo.com

A person who is vaccinated has only one blood test that is reactive - that is HBsAb (surface antibody).

A person who was exposed in the past and cleared has a hepatitis B core antibody AND surface antibody.

A person who is a chronic carrier has a reactive HBsAg (surface antigen). These tests are supposed to be confirmed by the laboratory before reporting...

If she was vaccinated in the past, I would not expect her to be susceptible. This is an excellent vaccine. I would get more information.

Help please!
A brush with Hep C?!!