|After acute hep b?
Nov 8, 2010
Hello Doctor, after fully recovering from acute hep b, when the body eliminates the virus and develops protective antibodies, and liver enzymes return to normal. Is there ongoing liver damage? do acute cases cause cirrhosis? is revaccination required? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Once you have acute HBV and resolve your infection completely (I mean with the formation of surface antibodies and the loss of HB surface antigen) you are protected from reinfection. You will not get liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.