|living with an infected person
Nov 8, 2010
i live with a person with hep. c. i am concerned because the person has scabs all over her and and she doesnt cover them up and touches everything. by having a scab on my hand and touching something she has touched with her scabs, can i get hep. c? and can u get it from tht person taking a shower and then u taking one while on your period? and can you get it from the infected person coughing without covering her mouth?
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is spread by blood to blood contact, so none of the exposures you describe are of concern.
Hepititus B & C from salvia
After acute hep b?
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
- Are Post Nasal Drip And Dry Cough Signs Of HIV?
- Can You Get HIV If Male Doesn't Cum Inside You?
- Does A Contraceptive Pill Affect A Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.