|living with an infected person
Nov 8, 2010
i live with a person with hep. c. i am concerned because the person has scabs all over her and and she doesnt cover them up and touches everything. by having a scab on my hand and touching something she has touched with her scabs, can i get hep. c? and can u get it from tht person taking a shower and then u taking one while on your period? and can you get it from the infected person coughing without covering her mouth?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is spread by blood to blood contact, so none of the exposures you describe are of concern.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Person Live Without The Cartilage?
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Happy Ending Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.