HCv, HIV and Hemophilia

Dear Dr. McGovern,

I would like to ask that if a person living with Hemophilia as well as he/she has coinfection (HCV and HIV), at what CD4 count and viral load it should start the ARV?

The US treatment guidelines now recommend treatment for HIV for all HIV/HCV coinfected patients, regardless of CD4 count.

This is because, there are data to suggest that persons who are on antiretroviral therapy (ART) have slower liver disease progression than persons who are not taking ART.

You should also be considered for HCV therapy as well if you have virus in your bloodstream.

I hope this is helpful.

OTRO test, no more please
Tattoo: Reused needle but inkless