QUESTION FROM MIKE!

I have HCV, I got it around 2005 when I had NO idea that I had it and thus had no information on how the virus spreads or anything along those lines. Now that I know a fair bit about the virus I am bugging out about the prospect of infecting my sisters (one is 23 and one is 16). I think-I am almost certain-that I shared a toothbrush or even possibly a razor blade with them, same with my dad. I am freaked out that I may have infected them and am feeling EXTREMELY GUILTY to the point of being on the verge of a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. Anyways, the question I hope you will answer is this: After reading what I stated above and assuming there was 24hr old blood, very small amount on the toothbrush or razor, what are the odds of my sisters or dad getting infected.

We don't have good information on the risk associated with razors. It is recommended that people shouldn't share but this is based on the knowledge that we know blood can be left on a razor. It is not because we have data on how often a razor transmits blood.

If you are extremely concerned about this, you can always suggest testing. A simple blood test for HCV is inexpensive and quick.

However, I suspect the risk is small.

HbSag titer
OTRO test, no more please