Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hope to remember me
Nov 8, 2010

dear d.r barbara. i want thank u for every thing and i hope u remember me. i was on 3 viruses C & B & HIV in 2008. i treated from B & C 2 years ago and all my labs till now negative ( zero ). i begane my meds for hiv 4 months ago ( truvada + efavirenz ) before meds my cd4 was 268 ( 14 % ) and my v.l was not detected. now after 4 months still not detected and my cd4 is 691 ( 24 % ) . i thanks god and thanks you for your helping . now what u can advise me for my 3 viruses? i am 23y male.no side efficts till now with meds.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I am sorry if I don't remember your situation exactly because I get hundreds of letters all the time. I think you are on an excellent combination of medications because your CD4 cells are responding so great and your Truvada will also be great for your hepatitis B. As for Hepatitis C, you should talk to your doctor to see if you should be treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin. If your liver disease is mild, you may be able to wait for other new medications that will hopefully be available in the next year or two...THese new medicines will be combined with PEG and ribavirin...Information on HIV infected patients will be coming next year.

Previous
Hepitati C
Next
Translation of test result codes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.