hope to remember me

dear d.r barbara. i want thank u for every thing and i hope u remember me. i was on 3 viruses C & B & HIV in 2008. i treated from B & C 2 years ago and all my labs till now negative ( zero ). i begane my meds for hiv 4 months ago ( truvada + efavirenz ) before meds my cd4 was 268 ( 14 % ) and my v.l was not detected. now after 4 months still not detected and my cd4 is 691 ( 24 % ) . i thanks god and thanks you for your helping . now what u can advise me for my 3 viruses? i am 23y male.no side efficts till now with meds.

I am sorry if I don't remember your situation exactly because I get hundreds of letters all the time. I think you are on an excellent combination of medications because your CD4 cells are responding so great and your Truvada will also be great for your hepatitis B. As for Hepatitis C, you should talk to your doctor to see if you should be treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin. If your liver disease is mild, you may be able to wait for other new medications that will hopefully be available in the next year or two...THese new medicines will be combined with PEG and ribavirin...Information on HIV infected patients will be coming next year.

Hepitati C
Translation of test result codes