|what is hepatitia b
Nov 8, 2010
what is hepatitis B? Is is serious?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B virus infects the liver and can cause liver scarring...When the scarring becomes severe we say the liver is now "cirrhotic"...This means that the normal architecture of the liver has nodules of scarring, which prevents it from functioning. Fortunately, there are very good medicines that can prevent this from happening by suppressing the virus.
Not all patients with HBV need treatment. You will need to speak to your doctor.
CAN BITING INTO SAME FOOD ITEM CAUSE HBV
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- What Does Herpes Around The Anus Look Like?
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.