|what is hepatitia b
Nov 8, 2010
what is hepatitis B? Is is serious?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B virus infects the liver and can cause liver scarring...When the scarring becomes severe we say the liver is now "cirrhotic"...This means that the normal architecture of the liver has nodules of scarring, which prevents it from functioning. Fortunately, there are very good medicines that can prevent this from happening by suppressing the virus.
Not all patients with HBV need treatment. You will need to speak to your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Sharing Vibrators Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.