|***4th time asking PLEASE DOCTOR *** HCV risk accident ?
Oct 24, 2010
Thanks a lot for looking at my question . I know you have busy schedule and having lot of questions to on your Inbox.
Please doctor Help me with this one concern regarding HCV .
Please read through the full incident so that you will know all my concerns regarding this event.
Yesterday I went for Regular blood works( there a accident occured - which made me very worried ) .
In the lab before drawing the blood . I paid the testing fees and then got back the remaining money. The money which i got back was actually stained with blood, which i came to know by seeing it later the day .
My worries are, after drawing the blood and after having the cotton over the blood drawn area for a Minute . I throwed away the cotton and touched the area where the blood was drawn ( I don't know why i did it ) with my hand which may have come into contact with the blood stain on the dollar bill.
Now i feel that i may have touched the blood stained Money ( Dollar bill ) and then touched the very very tiny open wound ( Made by the puncture due to syringe ) . I touched it after 2 minutes of drawing blood after taking away the Cotton kept over to wipe the blood over the punctured area. I don't know how new or how old the blood stain was on the Dollar bill . I may be too old or it may be newly dried.
Am i at risk HCV or any other Blood borne diseases.
Please help me doctor
1) should i need any testing due to this accident ? 2) By chance if the blood is newly dried , am I at risk ? 3) By very rare chance, if the blood when I touched was still little wet ( Does this accident pose risk).
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend any testing.
Hbsag reactive ..... please help!!!
CAN BITING INTO SAME FOOD ITEM CAUSE HBV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- How Long Does It Take To Detect Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.