hepatitis C an sliva
Oct 24, 2010
My Aunt has just found out she has hep C. I have a 4 month old son who she has kissed on the cheek,also my husband has shared cigarettes with her as well is it poss that my family now has hep c and should we now be tested also??
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is transmitted mainly through blood to blood exposures. I would not consider this a risk to share cigarettes and kissing is certainly not a risk at all. No testing required.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Medication Does A Doctor Prescribe For Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Treatment For Shingles Itching
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.