|hepatitis C an sliva
Oct 24, 2010
My Aunt has just found out she has hep C. I have a 4 month old son who she has kissed on the cheek,also my husband has shared cigarettes with her as well is it poss that my family now has hep c and should we now be tested also??
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is transmitted mainly through blood to blood exposures. I would not consider this a risk to share cigarettes and kissing is certainly not a risk at all. No testing required.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.