FOLLOW UP QUESTION( WORRIED and CONFUSED

Thank you for your prompt reply....

With this data below, why my son dont have hepa b? Can u pls explain to me the data/result below cause i really dont undestand and pls tell me what will i do now?

Why my doctor didnt advice me for therapy or medication like what i have read here in ur advice to other patient or did not told me to have this x-ry etc. to know if my liver is functioning well....

Hoping for your reply. Thank you and best regards.

WORRIED AND CONFUSED Oct 17, 2010

Hello.

I was diagnosed with HEPA B last April 27, 1998 with this result: CUT-OFF VALUE * PATIENT CUT-OFF * RESULT

HBsAg= .321 2.900 REACTIVE Anti-HBS .332 .084 NEGATIVE Anti-HBS .419 .083 REACTIVE Anti-HAV IgM .106 .895 REACTIVE HBE Ag .130 .077 NEGATIVE Anti-HBE .431 .084 RECATIVE

My doctor did not explain to me about this but he told me to take Essentiale.

Last Novemeber 23, 2005, I make another laboratory test and my HBsAg is still Reactive and my Anti-HBS is non-reactive (cut-off- .120- Patients count- .084).

On the same day.. i submit my son for laboratory of the same test and he is negative of Hepa B.. i dont understand... so i took him to pedia to have shots for hepa b but was no able to finish it because of the distance of my place to the city..

is my son safe from me?...

i am raising my son alone and trying to find job abroad is there a chance for me to work outside the Philippines?

pls advice me soon... i am very worried for my son..

by the way my son now is 10 yrs old and he was vaccinated 5 years ago..

waiting for ur reply. thank you

Hepatitis B is mainly transmitted through injection drug use and sex. It can also be spread from mother to infant. Household exposure can occur through sharing of razors.

I don't see a risk of HBV in your son and he is negative so that is great.

As for you, I would recommend a HBV DNA test to see if you even have virus in your blood. With your panel of E antibody reactive, it is possible that you have inactive disease.

Hepatitis B Case ..!
hbv, hcv, please answer me!