Hep C

Im a dds . i saw a patient who i was not aware was hep c for a denture adjustment. during the procedure, one of the clasps pressed against my finger and i changed my glove, washed my hand and then wore another pair of glove again and did the adjustment but did not use any eyewear during the adjustment for the denture. Am I at risk??

Since you did not report any exposure event here that I can tell, I would not consider you at risk.

Although the patient did not report HCV infection, you should use universal precautions for all patients. During acute infection with any blood borne virus (when the patient does not know yet about their infection), the levels of viremia are extremely high.

Hepatitis C transmission
Hepatitis B Case ..!