|Can HEP C be relapse again afer 1 year SVR?
Oct 24, 2010
Dear Dr McGovem, please help me to gain information about this, my wife got Hep C genotype 1 and had finished 72 week treatment using peg intron and ribavirin, now the result is still undetect after 6 month of the treatment, my question is : can HCV be relapse again afer 6 month of SVR? thx
| Response from Dr. McGovern
What a great result!!!
If she has maintained a nondetectable viral load six months after stopping treatment, she has been cured. The chance of relapse is extraordinarily low.
Please send her my congratulations.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.