|Treatment suggestion for Hepatitis C virus
Oct 17, 2010
My father is suffering from Hepatitis C virus (Genotype 3A). Doctor suggested for treatment of medicine with pegasys and ribavirin for 48 weeks. Is this treatment will be fine or else there is some other good treatment. Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
These are the only available treatments right now.
My only comment is that we usually only treat HCV genotype 3 with six months of treatment. Their decision to treat longer may be due to your father's stage of disease....You will want to discuss....
HBV PCR/DNA vs HIV PCR, this confused me,need your advise!?
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Vaginal Fisting Negative At 3 Months
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.