Oct 17, 2010
i was stuck today with a needle the patient had hep C if i have blood work done how long do i have to wait tohave the blood work done so they will know if i got infected?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are a healthcare worker, please discuss with your employee health service as to their protocol.
In general, if you were infected, HCV RNA would show up in your blood within a month of infection (specifically within about 2 to 3 weeks).
Treatment suggestion for Hepatitis C virus
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Scrotum A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can You Get Genital Warts On The Labia Minor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.