Oct 17, 2010
i was stuck today with a needle the patient had hep C if i have blood work done how long do i have to wait tohave the blood work done so they will know if i got infected?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are a healthcare worker, please discuss with your employee health service as to their protocol.
In general, if you were infected, HCV RNA would show up in your blood within a month of infection (specifically within about 2 to 3 weeks).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Ars?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.