|Is Nonreactive HBsAg
Oct 13, 2010
I recently tested positive for Herpes 1and 2 and also Tested for Hepatitis. My results wer Hepatitis B Surface AB 54 mIU/mL. What does that mean?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You are protected from Hepatitis B....You either got a vaccine in the past or you were infected in the past and cleared your infection. The only way to tell the difference is to get a test for core antibodies. If negative, you were vaccinated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Is The Causative Agent Of Shingles?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.